Marathon Village has become a Nashville hotspot for restaurants, businesses and creative endeavors. Originally Marathon Motor Works, the area is comprised of multiple 100-year-old warehouse buildings originally used for the production of the “Marathon” car. The Marathon car, named in honor of the 1904 Olympics, included 12 models in 1913 ranging from Touring cars to Roadsters. Although a popular car with the public, production discontinued in 1914 due more to management issues. The property sat vacant for decades until purchased by Barry Walker in 1986 and slowly restored over time. Rebranded as Marathon Village, the area now hosts over 100 tenants including Antique Archaeology (a store made famous by the hit show “American Pickers”), Lightning 100 (Nashville’s independent radio station), The Bang Candy Company (homemade marshmallow anyone?) and of course, video production experts KGV Studios!